People sometimes like to play indoor games in modern times. There are so many indoor games are available to play. Among all these indoor games the pool is one of the most favorite indoor games to all. This is played all over the world. The pool comes from the Billiard. Its original name was billiard. This name also comes from the French a long time ago. There are some rules to play this game. Every people should respect these rules and conditions while playing pool. There need some major types of equipment to play pool like some balls, a table contains usually six pockets, cue, rack, chalk, bridge, etc. Without these essential components, a pool game cannot be played.
Generally, the pool is played in a room because it is an indoor game. So people should have minimum space to allocate a pool table in their room. In this article, we will discuss a lot about the pool table dimensions. Everybody should know the dimension of any pool table. This will help them to organize a room with a perfect pool table.
Reading this article people can easily understand about all kinds of pool table dimensions exactly.
Standard Pool Table Sizes and Dimensions
Measurement of a Pool Table
The pool is so popular game all over the world. People mostly like to put a pool table at the center of the room. It creates a passionate vibe to play pool if it is situated at the center of the room. There have more space around the pool table if it is kept at the center of the room. Players can easily move around its side. People can enjoy a pool game by watching clearly at the center point.
But some of them do not usually like to put a pool table at the center of any room. They want to take a pool table in their house for more fun playing with family members. So they usually like to put a pool table in the corner of a room. In that case, they should follow the official measurement of any pool table dimensions. There are some specific measurements of different kinds of a pool tables.
How to the Measurement of a Pool Table?
Some people do not know properly about how to take a perfect measurement of any pool table. They mostly measure outside from one end to another end of the pool table. But this is not the actual way to measure a pool table for getting its exact measurement. People should measure the inside length and width of any pool table. It is an ideal way to get an accurate measurement. They can measure from one edge to another edge inside paying area.
There are some reasons to measure pool table dimensions into the inside range instead of doing the outside range. Many manufactures make different kinds of shapes on the outside of any pool table. So there can be a little chance to change the measurement if anyone measures from one end to another end of the outside pool table. Many brands and many manufactures are responsible to make different kinds of shapes, materials, design the outside of the pool table. So it cannot be the same or actual measurement if people take the external measurement of any pool table.
Room size based on cue length
40 * 78 inches
11.5 * 14.60 inches for 48 inches cue length
11.11 * 15.20 inches for 52 inches cue length
12.10 * 16.20 inches for 58 inches cue length
44 * 88 inches
11.8 * 15.40 inches for 48 inches cue length
12.40 & 16.00 inches for 52 inches cue length
13.40 * 17.00 inches for 58 inches cue length
Pro 8 feet
46 * 92 inches
11.10 * 15.80 inches for 48 inches cue length
12.50 * 16.30 inches for 52 inches cue length
13.50 & 17.40 inches for 58 inches cue length
50 * 100 inches
12.3 * 16.50 inches for 48 inches cue length
12.10 * 17.00 inches for 52 inches cue length
13.10 * 18.00 inches for 58 inches cue length
Different Kinds of Pool Table
There are some kinds of pool tables specially made for a small home or private house. There are a lot of people who want to play pool with their family members in their home. So there needs an accurate size pool table for their home. If people are thinking that all pool tables are the same sized then it will be wrong. These table sizes are varying from country to country. People should know that there are different kinds of pool tables and their size and dimensions should be different as well.
In the below, we discuss about some different sizes of pool table dimensions so that anyone can choose the best one fit for their house.
- 7-foot pool table: These are the general common sizes of pool tables. This is popular with everyone, especially it is used mostly in the North American amateurs league and the world eight ball pool federation. This is often referred to as a 'Bar box' 7 footers pool table.
Measurement details: It has a long surface for playing. Usually, its playing surface is 78 inches or 198 cm in length. Its width is measuring 39 inches or 99 cm. Its have super bed sets approximately 29 ¼ inches to 31 inches or 74.3 to 78.7 cm. This is so perfect size for any small house to fit it at the corner of the room. People should know about a 7-foot pool table's exact height and length for adjusting it to their house. A standard 7-foot pool table size is 94 * 54 inches or 236 * 137 cm which height can be approximately 32 inches or 81.5 cm. If you want to know Best Pool Cue Tips.
Pool Table Clearance of a 7-Foot Pool Table
- For 48 inches cue, the size can be 11 feet 3 inches * 14 feet 6 inches or 3.45 * 4.42 m.
- For 52 inches cue, the size can be 11 feet 11 inches * 15 feet 3 inches or 3.65 * 4.60 m.
- For 58 inches cue, the size can be 12 feet 11 inches * 16 feet 3 inches or 3.93 * 4.92 m.
- 8-foot pool table: This is actually used most in all kinds of pool tournaments. So that this is called a 'Tournament table". These are considered as the most standard pool table. It is sometimes referred to as a "home eight" table because it is also acceptable and familiar most home owners. This 8-footer is announced as an official size from the world pool billiard association.
Measurement details: It has a long surface for playing. Usually, its playing surface is 88 inches or 225 cm in length. Its width is measuring 44 inches or 112 cm and the sets are approximately 29 ¼ inches to 31 inches or 74.3 to 78.7 cm high. This is so perfect size for any small house room. People should know about an 8-foot pool table overall size and length to fit it into their house. A standard 8-foot pool table size is 103 * 60 inches or 262 * 150 cm which height can be approximately 32 inches or 81.3 cm. If you want to know Best Break Cue.
8 Pool Table Set Clearance Dimensions
- For 48 inches cue, the size can be 11 feet 8 inches * 15 feet 4 inches or 3.55 * 4.65 m.
- For 52 inches cue, the size can be 12 feet 5 inches * 15 feet 9 inches or 3.76 * 4.87 m.
- For 58 inches cue, the size can be 13 feet 4 inches * 17 feet or 4.07 * 5.18 m.
- 9-foot pool table: This is the most perfect size for international competition. If people want to play with a big pool board that look like what they can see on television or any sports channel or "televised professional tournaments" then this 9-footer pool table is suitable for them. The person who really wants to compete internationally should go with this pool table. But remember one thing that this 9-foot pool table is massive in size. So they must have enough space in their house to keep this massive size pool table.
Measurement details of a 9-foot pool table: It has a long surface for playing. Usually, its playing surface is 100 inches or 254 cm in length. Its width is measuring 50 inches or 127 cm. These sets are the same as other pool tables like 29 ¼ inches to 31 inches or 74.3 to 78.7 cm. This is so perfect size for any small house to fit it at the corner of the room. People should know about a 9-foot pool table's exact height and length for adjusting it to their house. A standard 9-foot pool table size is 114 * 65 inches or 290 * 163 cm which height is similar to others which can be measured approximately 32 inches or 81.5 cm.
Pool Table Clearance of a 9-Foot Pool Table
- For 48 inches cue, the size can be 12 feet 2 inches * 16 feet 4 inches or 3.70 * 4.98 m.
- For 52 inches cue, the size can be 12 feet 11 inches * 17 feet or 3.91 * 5.18 m.
- For 58 inches cue, the size can be 13 feet 10 inches * 18 feet or 4.20 * 5.49 m.
There may use sometimes in different pool tables in different countries. There have different styles of pool tables such as English pool tables, American pool tables, snooker tables, etc. So for these kinds of pool tables, there may have different measurements to keep into the house room.
English Pool Table
36 inches Cue
48 inches Cue
57 inches Cue
7 feet table
12 feet 3 inches * 9 feet 3 inches
14 feet 2 inches * 11 feet 2 inches
16 feet * 12 feet 8 inches
8 feet table
13 feet 2 inches * 9 feet 7 inches
15 feet 3 inches * 11 feet 8 inches
16 feet 8 inches * 13 feet 3 inches
American Pool Table
36 inches Cue
48 inches Cue
57 inches Cue
8 feet table
15 feet 1 inch * 11 feet 3 inches
15 feet 10 inches * 12 feet
17 feet 4 inches* 13 feet 8 inches
9 feet table
15 feet 9 inches * 11 feet 7 inches
16 feet 10 inches * 12 feet 4 inches
18 feet * 13 feet 11 inches
Which Pool Table is Perfect for You?
To fit a pool table into the house people should know first about all type’s pool table dimensions. We have already discussed the full details about different type’s pool table dimensions and their accurate size. Now your turn to choose a perfect pool table for your house. But there is also another fact this is sometimes varying depend on your playing style. Not only the playing style but also your room size is standing to select a pool table for your house.
- 7-foot pool table: The pool is played mainly take the personalized feel. Some players may feel better playing on a 7 pool table. Typically 7-footer has some tight pockets. So first you should learn to break the tight pockets while playing on a 7 pool table. This 7-footer is perfect for those players who really like to play bank shots, combos, etc.
- 8-foot pool table: This is suitable for tournaments playing. But usually, some people who love to play mid-ranged shots like pro players can use this 8-foot pool table for their house. If you are playing a lot of amateur league or matches then you will surely love this 8 pool table.
- 9-foot pool table: These 9-foot pool tables are common in pool halls too. This is really a massive pool. If you like to play a big pool table what you watch on the television then this 9 footer can be undoubtedly your first choice.
Finally, for playing with a standard size pool table one should definitely know the proper dimensions of all kinds of pool tables. In this article, we try to discuss different kinds of pool table dimensions with their accurate sizes and other necessary things. People can now play pool on any kind of pool table according to their playing style. To know more they should read this article again carefully.